Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Exciting new developments!!(well, not that exciting really)

I had doubts long ago but am pretty confident now that no one actually reads this,nonetheless I shall continue undetered anyway. In fact I've actually gone one step further and added a brand spanking new followers tool on the left side of this silly blog. So the great hordes of humans out there regularly perusing this cornucopia of muddled thoughts and half realized ideas can click on this new tool, letting the world know they are followers. I don't like that word though, so ingeniously I renamed the currently empty list of followers : A list of people sort of interested in what I have to say. I am nothing if not modest and have absolutely no delusions of grandeur. Anyway, if you care or are even vaguely interested click on the link.
     I have decided to make a concerted effort to keep this little blog updated regularly, to continue to tweek and play around with the format in an effort to keep this interesting. Because really, in the end, my only aspiration in maintaining this blog is to create something interesting. Something weird and different. I've never seen the point in creating anything that's not interesting and weird and different. Surely that's the driving force behind all great art? Not that I'm comparing what I'm doing here in the slightest to great art. Art is not something I believe blogging will ever become. Who knows though, if goddang Damien Hirst can preserve an entire sheep in formaldehyde, and call it art, I guess anything is possible.
     In an entirely unrelated but no less interesting topic, a friend of mine gave me this incredible book to read a few hours ago. It's called Ulrich Haarburste's Novel of Roy Orbison in Cling-film, and is a collection of short stories about, yes, you guessed it, Roy Orbison wrapped in cling-film. I can already tell your as fascinated by this strange artifact as I am. There's no point in lying to yourself. It sounds amazing and completely supports my theory about creating something interesting, weird and different. Ulrich Haarburste definately knows what I'm saying.
     I also had an idea earlier for a short story. Well, to be honest it wasn't so much an idea than an image. A man and a duck walking across a very long bridge, in the middle of a very long conversation, in the middle of very thick fog. That's all I have so far. Not sure where this could go, but you have to admit, the possibilities are endless.
      Really it's not that surprising I don't have any followers yet. I guess this goes back to that whole thing of creating for ourselves. I'm going for a walk.
   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read that book about Roy Orbison in cling film. Highly amusing and very different.

St Kev.