Tuesday, February 16, 2010

colours.

Today I stood in the center of town, next to a bank. I ate a chicken bake from Greggs and three pigeons walked around me eating the crumbs. Throughout the course of the day I also consumed far too much coffee. Way beyond the suggested daily allowance. I spent the afternoon discussing films, football and New York City with a friend. On the way home I listened to Roots Manuva's latest record and managed to outwalk the rain. I briefly contemplated the glaring lack of discipline that's been a big part of my life from a startlingly early age. I gave up on that train of thought halfway through though. haha. I thought again about the fight scene in the middle of Mean Streets. It is a breathtaking piece of filmmaking. I spent sometime thinking about a new story idea. An existential day in the life surreal drama type science fiction sort of deal. I'll put that on top of the pile in the far corner of my mind. And maybe I'll get back to it one day. See: discipline problem a few sentences back. On a sunnier note I saw a hilarious picture of two pugs last night. One was dressed up as Yoda and the other was dressed up as Darth Vader. The Vader pug looked appropriately sinister. No small feat for a pug. Them being the only breed of dog bred solely for companionship. I could go on but I won't. I'm gonna go make some beans on toast(barbecue flavour) and relax before the men's Canadian Olympic hockey team begin their campaign tonight against Norway. In the meantime you really should go check out Roots Manuva's new album Slime and Reason. The first song on it Again & Again has this incredible horn sample that will blow your mind. Or at least it blew mine. Oh and I had learned the Russian word for cheers last week but I forget it now. That's not really relevant to anything but it frustrated me nonetheless.

No comments: