Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Morning Music...

Few things are more enjoyable than a Sunday morning listening session. I used to sit down with my turntable and a stack of vinyl. Then when my turntable was out of commission or in another province I sat down with my cd player and my cd collection. Nowadays my stereo is in another country along with 95% of my cd collection and my turntable and my vinyl and so I'm reduced to itunes and youtube and spotify and soundcloud and other music websites and file sharing programs. Oh this modern era we live in. This brave new world. This ridiculous energy sapping brave new world. Still, by hook or by crook Sunday morning music is still Sunday morning music.
       Now while it's technically no longer Sunday morning but Sunday afternoon, this song by the legendary bluesman Son House is the very personification of Sunday morning music. A staggering defiant blues number. Just that Son House voice and handclaps.
      This is the way it is in my world. Saturday mornings are for Bad Brains. High energy, unchecked aggression. Sundays are for the Blues. And feelin' good.



No comments: