Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Get outta here February.

Hey. I'm feeling a bit batty now. Too much time spent with too much time on my hands. Goddamn digital cable has sucked up most of it. My brain and my mind seem to have dried up. I'm practically void of original thought. But then I go on facebook or twitter or whatever and realize everyone else has too.
I got loads of new music recently. A big mess of stuff. Got some early Sun Ra and Eric Dolphy. Lots of hip hop old and new. The new Charlotte Gainsbourg record. The new Hot Chip record. A bunch of stuff. I'm super excited about the impending triple album release from Joanna Newsom. I think its out in a couple of weeks. I can't even imagine how good that is going to be.
I've watched loads of films. Just rewatched Mean Streets tonight. It never loses its impact. And the soundtrack is superb. Watched the Amelia Earhart (so called)biopic the other night and had to turn it off. It was literally too awful to watch. Watched The Killing of a Chinese Bookie the other week finally. It was fantastic. Now I need to watch everything else Cassavettes made. A Woman Under The Influence is gonna be next. I also recently watched the Pixies documentary loudQUIETloud, and thought it was excellent. Refreshingly honest. I watched loads of other stuff too but right now I'm struggling to remember what. I guess thats probably to do with that whole brain and mind drying up.
I'm really enjoying the Winter Games so far. Though they are doing nothing to help my homesickness. I'm excited about the Mens hockey finally starting Tuesday night. I have really been enjoying the womens hockey too. The Canadian Womens team are incredibly talented.
I don't know what else? I'm reading a great book about the films of Steven Seagal. The center of Barrow now resembles a bombed out area of Baghdad. And it seems that absolutely no one picks up after their dog in this town. You literally have to navigate around the shit.
Keep in mind I'm writing all this nonesense in an increasing sense of uselessness,powered by a dying brain. And it is 1:30am and I am tired.
I was thinking earlier how great it would be to have a Sega Genesis(megadrive) again. And an Atari. And a Nintendo. I'm pretty sure the novelty would wear off fast but the nostalgic feeling thinking about it provokes sure is nice. It would be especially nice to play Castlevania I and II again.
Anyway, keep on keepin on. Come on Team Canada!

No comments: