Monday, March 19, 2007

I almost forgot to mention...

I totally forgot to mention to you guys about the fantastic show I saw a few weeks ago! I went to see this band called Bat for Lashes at the only local music venue in town The Canteen, with some co-workers. Man alive, it was good. I mean it was one of those special kind of shows that only come around every so often. Bat for Lashes is really just one girl, Natasha Khan, but live she plays with three other girls, and together they create this strange beautiful world where only they and the audience exist. A weird world filled with wolves and wizards and forests and horses and beauty. They sound vaguely similar to Kate Bush only not irritating, and a bit like Joanna Newsom only with a little more groove. They did a beauitful cover of Springsteens 'I'm on Fire' that I believe is the b-side to their new single Precilla. You should do yourself a favour and check out the link on the left. You won't be disappointed. I was a bit of a geek afterwards and briefly chatted to Natasha Khan and got her to autograph my cd and then I bought a t-shirt and a poster. What can I say, its not often you get to see such a good band in such a small venue. A venue that unfortunately was over half empty.The people that were there loved it though, and trust me, she will be receiving world wide acclaim before you know it.
There was something else I wanted to tell you as well, but I can't friggin remember. Uhhh? We booked the first part of our trip around Europe, starting in Brussels, Bruge, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf and Frankfurt and on from there. But thats not what I wanted to tell you. Ummmm? Crap. I don't know. If it comes back to me I'll let you know. Now go check out the Bat for Lashes link.

No comments: