Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ode to Ciarans dog Rollo

Good evening ladies and gents,
I must apologize to Ciaran for my grievous error.You see last time on here I said Ciara had a lovely dog, but failed to mention what a lovely dog Ciaran has as well. His name is Rollo. While I'm on the subject I would like to add that Lee's two cats are great,Keiths dog is lovely,you should see her when his dad does the dishes, and his two cats Whiskey and Garfield are adorable. Tomas' mom Mary has a nice dog that seemed like it was going to bite my face everytime I attempted to pet it.I hold no grudges though,he'd been outside all night and he doesn't know me very well.I like to believe that if he had the opportunity to really get to know me,that we would get along just fine,and he wouldn't have the animal urge to bite my face or neck. Having said all this,I have to say that as nice as all your animals are,and they really are lovely,that they all pale in comparison to my favourite cat fluffy. Just last week she had a cist removed from her liver,she's back and recovering nicely from what I hear,getting back to her controlling and demanding self.God bless her.
Anyway, England is lovely,all though everybody asks me how I'm finding Barrow(Nics town).They say 'so what do you think of our little town?' I say,with sincerity,'its great,really nice.' They say,immediately afterwards,'its a shithole.' But it really does seem nice to me. I went out for the first time Saturday with Nic and her girlfriends for a real Barrow night out. I told Nic I was going to get really drunk and make an ass out of myself in front of her friends. Guess what? I got really drunk and made an ass out of myself in front of her friends. I would have made you proud Lee. I was dancing with random strangers,unbeknownst to them.They had their backs turned. Apparently one big fat guy turned around and was about to punch me in the head(I was oblivious to this) but Nic stepped in front of him and told him to go away. And the leg was bent all the way to the floor.We sang Living on a prayer and summer of 69 again,and that horrible song by Peter Kaye.How many friggin times can they play that a day? It was a blast. We ended it at the chinese take away,munching on a curry and chips.Delicious.
I've also started the ol jobhunt.Can't pull a Melbourne this time.Work first,party later. Hopefully I can snag some barwork.Well,thats all for now,I'd just like to add that Tashs cats are lovely too.Especially her sweetheart of a grey cat.I miss the black cat.

Song of the week:A rare tie,between No ecstasy by The Constantines from their self-titled album and Bigtime by the Soundtrack of our lives from their brilliant new album Origins Vol.1.

Book of the week: 31 songs by Nick Hornby. A book of essays about the songs that matter to him and why.But the songs don't matter.Really its just an honest,funny brilliantly written love letter to music. If you get a chance please read it.

Quote of the week: 'you no good biscuit eating son of a bitch.' from Law and Order Criminal Intent.

Later Skaters:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Rolo only has one 'l'. But thank you! I hate cats.