Monday, April 04, 2005

Departure/Arrival

Hey party people,I apologize for the delay(and am especially sorry for making Muntz wait all this time).
So I shared the plane ride over with a couple of bare naked ladies.Two members in fact,the dark afro haired guy and the pudgy lead singer,who's actually quite slim in person.The in flight film was The Princess Diaries 2.And they wonder why incidents of air rage are on the rise.
Upon arrival I was met by a very small,very stern,very unhappy british customs agent who grilled me for 20 min and shouted at people behind me to stay behind the line.He asked me if I understood all the rules of my uk visa.I said yes.He said tell them to me.I said...ummm...yeah,ok I don't understand all the rules to my uk visa.The nice man that he is,he explained them all in very minute detail.I love customs agents.When I got to the luggage belt everyone else on my plane was gone and no baggage was on the belt.The security dude came over and asked what flight I was on.I said chicago,he said oh yeah,your bags are probably still back in chicago.The information lady confirmed it and they delivered them to my door the next day.So it was a bit of a blessing really.
Finally I was reunited with the lovely Nicola and we kissed and smiled and said hi and hugged and kissed and left the airport.Upon arrival at Nic's house I discovered Cathy was right.The english have very tiny fridges,no closets and no basements.On the otherhand they do make a mean cup of tea and have the funniest comedy show I've seen in years.Its called Little Britain and anyone who hasn't seen it, should finish reading this excellent journal then go watch it.Its on in Canada now,on bbc canada.It is utterly brilliant.Last night one sketch from the show,Lou and Andy,was voted britains greatest sketch comedy bit on the 50 greatest comedy sketches of all time.It even beat out Monty Pythons dead parrot bit(voted second place).
Before I talk about Ireland I want to thank some people for making our trip so incredible,I probably already thanked you in a drunken stupor,but just in case.I have to thank Keith for going so far out of his way for us.If it wasn't for you calling me up out of the blue in Brisbane the trip wouldn't have happened.Your an absolute champion.Thanks to Ciara for being so good to us,and thanks to Ciara's lovely mom for making us the best fry up in Ireland.I have to thank Ciaran and Tomas(my two irish brothers) and their families for everything.Thank you to Lee and his lovely mom for everything,including the best irish stew in Ireland.Get in,mother habbard,av it!And I have to thank everyone who made it to Galway,Ryan(my scottish bro),Kev,me ol china(come on Israel!),Matt,Dave(brilliant effort,mate)Anne Marie,Jo,Sharon,Ellie,Donnel.Hopefully I haven't forgotten anybody,if I have I apologize profusely.Ireland was everything I could have hoped for.I had the time of my life.I have to cut this short,times up,but I'll get back soon.I love all you guys.

Song of the week:Green and Red of Mayo:the sawdoctors.From the album Live in Galway.

Later skaters:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy,

Sounds like you're having a great time! The Barenaked Ladies are my favourite ... that's so cool. And you didn't like Princess Diaries 2!LOL - Well, continue having a great time, and if you don't have a chance to post, I'll just keep reading Muntz's!

Keri & family

Anonymous said...

Hi guy,
It's so great to hear from you. Sounds like you're having a great time. Perhaps one day we'll get to visit you over there. In your world travels you're getting to see some famous people - that's really great. I hope you got autographs for everyone!!!
Keep posting so we can follow your journeys.

Love,
Sheila, Charl & John